Thursday, December 9, 2010

The TriP

For a change let me try it out….

An “English Blog”

7th December 2010

“Koyambied Bus Terminus” Chennai, about 7.30pm I am waiting for the bus to Bangalore which starts at 10.30pm. So I have nothing to do till then, except to eat something. Sitting in a near the platform, just decided to recollect all the events from yesterday morning when I landed in this city “Chennai” the state capital of Tamil Nadu, Tamil the local language, one of the oldest language around 2000 years (not exact) old and 250 (not exact)  letters… wow that’s a lot. And Madurai one of the oldest city in south Asia. It is not my first visit to the city, but yes first time get the chance to explore.

06th December 2010.


6.30am I landed at the same platform where I am sitting now, it was raining. I came out of the terminus and decided to catch an auto to my hotel. Auto driver said 250 bucks, my friend told it will be around 150 bucks so said 150. He said “No sir rumba rain irkadu ella road block”. I could understand the language but I am not good to react to it in same language. So I said “ok lets go” the moment I sat on the auto, one person asked something and said “on the way” to the driver and he joined me at back of the auto.(I was little scared). The moment we came out to the main road, I saw a very wide road with median like a wall in the center. That’s it I started recollecting the scenes of Mumbai flood. Road was full of water but our driver was pretty confident. Water started coming inside the auto and my formal show was completely wet. after sometime auto stopped suddenly. The auto was covered on both the sides to prevent water splash, so I couldn’t recognize the surroundings(I was scared little more).driver said something to person who was sitting next to me, what I could make out was ‘no petrol, so he will go to near petrol bunk and get it’. He got out and pushed the auto to the near bust stand where there was less water and disappeared with a small empty mineral water bottle. I tried to look around, the person next to me was well dressed and he was holding a tissue paper on his hand. I started thinking again scared of using the tissue to make me unconscious and take away things. I was mentally preparing for fight and pretending to look outside. I could see a small bus stand with broken bench and roof, nut what I noticed was really made me happy, there was a digital display which displaying up coming buses and their destination (only number was English). I thought ‘wow’ that’s nice.     
      

Then I started staring at the direction where our driver ran away without an umbrella. After 10minutes of dead silence (only rain sound) I heard a sound behind our auto, suddenly I looked back and I could see through a small colored glass that a person doing something with our auto. “Thanks…..” I never say that word but it came out. Then we moved on and driver was telling something about the rain. Person next to me got off in some place and given 100 bucks to the driver, ‘wow’ that’s a lot of money I thought adding my 250 to that. Driver kept talking about something including rain, politics and all. By 7.30am finally auto stopped at our hotel porch and I was so relieved that I have given him 300 bucks. He waved and went off.

“Rohini  International” name board was lit bright red color light. My branch office manager booked it told that “it’s good and got A/C.” when I checked init was totally opposite to its name (international). First time my life I saw and stayed in as hotel room which doesn’t have a window. Due to rain there was less option to eat. I decided to take bath and eat whatever I get and head to my work. ‘wow’ again how to reach this conditions..?. I knew it was near to my hotel but still. Anyways there was enough hot water to shower, but there was no tooth paste.8.45am I came I stood for 10 minutes in front of the hotel. I was thinking all the fuss that I could probably face till I sit in by bus back to Bangalore. Then I got an auto to my work place. All was well at the work.6.30pm I came out of the place and it was still raining. I decided to pay whatever he demands and get back to the hotel.

Back to my room ‘wow’ being a hotel designer it was great experience to stay there. Ordered 4 chapatis and decided to sleep early. 8.30pm I tried to switch off the lights (say searched for the Master switch) I found none. I had to remove the Key-Tag to turn the lights off but if I do that same time A/C. or fan also switch off. I started laughing …. Decided to sleep with all the lights on. I am thinking how Eco-friendly I was.6.30am I got up taken a shower and came out. It was a different city all together when compared to yesterday. Around 7.30am streets were full and sun was out brightly. ‘This is chennai’ I normally see.i walked through the “Pondy Bazar” to my work place. 6.30pm came out and took an auto to the bus terminus for 150 bucks and it took 90 minutes to reach the place.(traffic).

Something I noticed. – People’s down to earth attitude
                                  - Honesty and lots of people uses cycle even women.

Hm.. One more thing ‘there are lots of pretty girls out there man’ I mean in terms of complexion.

Good it took one hour to write this, anyways I came to attend the workshop on” Lighting technologies and applications” which I completed. So my basic task achieved. I feel I need to manage with some ‘lays and coke’ for the dinner.

Oh’ one more thing its two year old diary and just saw one girl photo with flowers in her hand  ‘ wow’ that’s interesting I never saw and know her (need to find out)

‘Hoping for the safe journey back’

There was lot of ‘wow’s and one more ….’wow’ its raining again….heavily.

Hungry gotta go ……

V!naY

1 comment: